Wednesday 23 February 2011

Miles Higson, Hollyoaks actor

Miles Higson plays cheeky chap Seth Costello, who has a twin sister called Jasmine. Find out what he had to say about being part of Hollyoaks, and the sibling rivalry between Seth and his older brother Riley...

Miles Higson6

How have you settled in within the Hollyoaks environment so far?
It's a great atmosphere. I used to watch the show, so when I got here I was talking to people I used to watch on TV and it's crazy, they all treat you like they already know you and you've been friends for years!

Miles Higson7

How has it been working with the other Costellos? Have you formed a family?
Yeah, we've all got like a perfect family relationship together. The people who are playing my mum and dad are great - they've really helped me since I started. They've taken me under their wing and given me advice, so it's been a great experience.

Miles Higson

How does Seth get on with Riley? Can we expect some sibling rivalry?
Yeah, definitely. It's really exciting, because all the stuff in Hollyoaks Later is about sibling rivalry and it's going really well, we've got some interesting stories coming up.

Miles Higson1

How have the shoots gone so far?
We started filming for Hollyoaks Later about two weeks ago. And we're filming on location, which is great fun and it doesn't even feel like we're filming for Hollyoaks, it's really different.

Miles Higson2

We have to work long hours and nearly every day, but I enjoy it. Even the crew are happy. It's just a great place to work and learn.

Miles Higson3

One of the stories The Costellos will be embroiled in involves Gender Identity Disorder. Have you had to do a lot of research about the disorder in advance, in order to portray things properly?
Yeah, in two respects: firstly in terms of learning your character and how to act it, and secondly in terms of learning about the disorder. It's something that's not really talked about, so it's quite interesting to find out more about it, as well as how it's going to pan out, how it affects the family, and how it does affect families. It's been a big learning curve for us and hopefully it will teach other people a bit more about the disorder too.

Miles Higson4

How does the character compare to yourself?
We're probably very similar. In the family, I'm meant to be the one that's not into football, and I'm not in real life, so that's been quite easy to do. Seth's quite vulnerable too and... well, I’m not. No, I am quite vulnerable too. He’s basically me, but just like a younger version of myself!

Miles Higson5

For more information and photos of Seth Costello, click here!  Source E4.com

No comments: