Wednesday 27 February 2008

Christian Cooke

Anyone that has watched Echo Beach cannot fail to notice Christian Cooke, he plays Brae Marrack.

“Brae is Daniel Marrack’s son – he runs the diner and surf shop along with his dad. And his main through-line is trying to be with Jackie.    “I’ve had a wicked time filming in Cornwall. Everyone was cool and had something to share and bring to the table in terms of who they were as a person. Ed’s a really close mate now - we agree on certain things and we’ve got the same sort of values.

And Jason is great to work with. I didn’t know what to expect but I can’t hear a bad word said about him - he is brilliant and he worked so hard. And Hannah – it’s only her first job, but she’s come on so much and the camera loves her. It really is a great bunch of people.

“A lot of spontaneous things happened with the cross over of the two shows. I’d be outside having a coffee and someone from Moving Wallpaper would say, “We’re doing a scene - could you be in the back of it?” I remember there was one where Jonathan Pope comes out of the production office and, as he finishes a phone call on his way into the studio, he comes up to me, shakes my hand and says “Loving your work”. And it’s completely improvised just because I was there. But it’s great to do stuff like that – you feel like you’re doing ‘proper work’. In episode two of Moving Wallpaper, when I had to scream my head off because they are trying to make me have a shave, the director said “We’re just going to turn over the camera: shout for about 10 seconds, throw this bin and then shout a bit more - do whatever you want”. So I just did it and it ended up being really funny.

christian_cooke_2

“There were a lot of cool people in Cornwall. I think Newquay town itself is probably about 20 years out of date, but it’s a cool place to be. Everyone is laid back and chilled out, and there was a good atmosphere. I did a bit of surfing, just paddling out and getting little snapshots for montage sequences, but I nearly drowned. I got caught in a rift and was being taken out. I was trying to swim in and it took me about fifteen minutes to get back to the beach. I’m definitely not a good surfer! Despite that, I love being down on the beach. I’ve never worked in that environment for such a large amount of time so it was good to get time to spend by the sea and be paid for doing it!”

 

Source ITV1 (c)

No comments: